Final Call for nominations for ASASWEI Office-bearers for 2021-2023
Please take note that the nomination process and election of NEW OFFICE-BEARERS for 2021-2023 will take place prior to the 2021 ASASWEI AGM. Both processes will be conducted via an ONLINE platform managed by an external service provider. As per the ASASWEI Constitution, only two representatives per school may vote (namely the Head of Department and one designated other).
The positions of Treasurer and International Representative are four-year terms effective August 2019. The positions of President, Vice President and Secretary are two-year terms and are hereby available for nominations. Please encourage and nominate your staff for these positions.
- Academic staff member in social work employed full-time by a member institution
- Nominee must be registered with the South African Council for Social Services Profession as a social worker (attach a current receipt or proof of payment for 2021/2022)
- All positions are voluntary
- Specify which position nominated for
- Attached form must be completed in full by the person nominating and by the nominee
- To include a photograph (head and shoulders- 2cmx2cm) and a relevant bio of 250 words
- Motivation by nominee of 250 words indicating why you are a suitable candidate for the position and the possible contribution you bring to the Exco
- Incomplete or irrelevant submissions will not be considered.
- Full details (as per the nomination form) of suitable candidates with details of nominators will be circulated on the ASASWEI google-listserve as well as to all ASASWEI member institutions via the Head of Departments’ email by 11 August 2021.
- The ASASWEI Executive reserves the right to verify information submitted
- Nominated and elected members should be notified by 25 August 2021 and are required to attend the ASASWEI AGM on 30 August 2021 as well as the meetings with Heads of Departments on 30 and 31 August 2021.
- The meeting with heads of departments will be chaired jointly by the outgoing and incoming Presidents of ASASWEI. The secretariate shall be carried by the incoming secretary.
- The newly-elected officials are required to attend the full ASASWEI conference. Mentoring meetings and an official hand-over shall take place.
- The names of the new office-bearers shall be announced at the ASASWEI AGM and at the end of the ASASWEI Conference 2021.
- The five members of the new executive shall each to briefly present to the AGM (2 minutes) of their intended work on the Executive.
- The incoming President shall present on a strategic focus of the new Executive for 2021-2023 to the ASASWEI conference.